Tuesday, November 24, 2015

NanoWrimo Fail

I had made my second year attempt! and failed. It started off slow but I still had hope. For those of you who don't know what that is, its November's Novel Writing Month where you write a novel in a month and it has to have 50,000 words by the end. You dont win anything, you just getting a finished draft of a novel to work with, which is a step in a good direction.
It comes down to writing 1500 words a day, which I thought would be easy since in an hour I can smash out 1000. But if you miss a day....then another day, you're 3000 words behind and it lessens your chance at completing it. I had a rocky start.
October 31st we were out to pick up Martin's friend from the airport and when we had gotten in, we stayed up and gabbed a bit, so I, wanting to start of NaNoWriMo right, started writing right at midnight. Smashed out 500 words or more in a distracted mind set, but it was a good starting point. BUT that following night, I knew it was going to be an uphill climb. Andre, Martins friend, was staying in the living right by my work area, so it was hard to get around to even get to my desk, not keep our guest awake with my furious taping of the key board, and not be tired. We were out all day, then be home late so I was pretty beat after working and going out. This happened almost every night while Andre was down. So i missed a few days, but still wrote something. Then when he left I sat myself down every night and wrote and wrote and wrote but it felt like I could catch up. Not to mention my support group who were also doing it gave up as well. Martin said he'd start when Andre was gone, but decided it wasnt worth it. My brother Isaac just stopped because he had other non-job things to do. Steve ....well i dont even know what happened to him, he was so motivated at first! And Katie got a new job and also fell out of the running.
I got to about 10000 word or more before I did the math. I'd have to write over 3500 words a day to complete it in time. So I had to bow out of the running.
Its been different now, not writing at night. So I think I might work out continuing the Remastering of The Echoes, and get Fun Culture done. I like ending my night writing something and keeping warm by the computer, glancing over at Martin and watching him game.
Cheers mofos

No comments:

Post a Comment