Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday and I'm NOT going out

Yeah, that's right. That title is true...I think. Lol. Usually I'll want to stay inside but I'll get bored and WANT to go out. Actually I kind of want to go to Starbucks, drink a frap and edit.
Now for an update. I went for a walk to the dollar store and saw that my friend Alex was working. We chatted for a bit, blahblahblah, until I had to go.
"I'll leave you to your work man, I gotta go edit."
And then she turns and says, "Hey! Did you see that So-n-so has like, two books published?"
I was like WHAT.

So Alex proceeds to tell me how a girl from our high school has two books published already. How is it that I'm having such a hard time and she already has two? So clearly I'm mad about this, because I'm all gonghoe about my book. lol. I storm off to go check this shit out.

Stormed my way home and went onto facebook. Alex was telling the truth, rats! lol. BUT, it wasn't as bad as it seemed. Yes, she has two books published. (Almost Lost and Hate me or Love me....if you guys want to check the out.) BUT I'm going a different route for the publication of my book.

I hitting up agencies since I figure that'll be my best bet to get my story out there. So that LOTS of people can love my characters as much as I do (Since no one can love them more than me :P )

Her books were hard to find, and you can only get them off of amazon? I think. I tried to find what they're about, but no luck. One day, I hope they find their way into mainstream and I can say I went to highschool with that girl. Of course that's what they'll be saying about MOI when I'm rich and FAMOUS. lol. high hopes....high hopes... lol

I'll tell you now, I WAS going to come onto here and BITCH about it and rant and say mean things. Yet, that won't make it any better nor will it look good on me. I actually went to her publishers website and submitted my query just to see. They don't really say what they're looking for, but I gave it a shot anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loDBIWZSack
^^Cool/chill song. Makes you bob your head :)

  

1 comment:

  1. FYI
    Authors name Katie Winger
    If you go to the Publisher America website and search "Almost Lost" or "Hate me or Love me" you can check out the books!!!
    (I recently discovered where they were located)

    ReplyDelete