Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Can Fit Pro

This past weekend I went up to Toronto for the CanFitPro conferance! It was a ton of fun but next year I'll have to be a bit more organized. The Saturday we left on the train at 530am and got there at ten. We didn't have a ton of time because I didn't know where anything was since it was my first time in Toronto. We got to the metro conferance centre, registered then Lauren left to go see if she could check into the hotel. I didn't want to go with her in case it took too long to walk to the hotel and then not enough time to get back to the conference from my first lecture at 12. So I lugged around my stuff (backpack, suitcase and purse) and I only ended up going to two lectures! I have no time and was sooo pooped from waking up so early.

Walking back to the hotel took 30mins and Lauren was able to check in earlier then expected. It was 4 by the time I got to the hotel and then we had to get ready for the awards gala. Ate, got dressed and drank a bit since drinks were expensive. (We ended up buying two down there anyway). Lauren didn't get her award so that was a bummer. By the time the dancing came around we went back up stairs to drink more and that's when my six beers FINALLY hit me. I passed right out and she was tired too so called it a night....11:30pm lol.


Sunday I was just relaxing, Lauren left around two to go on the boat for top 500 and I worked out. The Westin has a pretty cool workout area/pool area. I was there for about an hour then went back to the room watched the storm rage outside. When it stopped I decided I'd go to the train station early. Union station is HUGE! It's pretty cool. Everything was interesting to see.

Went home and SLEPT. Next year, I'm doing the LMI day (which I missed out on since I didnt get what I had to do) and going for the FULL four days. Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment