Saturday, November 5, 2011

BOOKFEST Windsor Day 2 & 3

Day Two of Bookfest was pretty sweet. Met the guys who created Kill Shakespeare and got the comic booked signed. Then there was the IFAO Authors reading and loved ALL four of them. Will Ferguson was so funny! He wrote Canadian Pie and read some so I bought it, can't wait to read it. Then Brian Francis spoke a bit about his book. He wrote it from a 86 year old lady and was well written! So I got that one too.

Day Three was VERY eventful. I started my day there at 9:30am to 3:30pm. Met this girl Kate who ends up being the editor for Black Moss Press, and she ended up sitting with me for the other event we gone too like the poetry reading. She a poet and already has 84 pages of poetry done. Then we both attended this event called "Getting your words out" and it was four publisher and they talked about the industry, their process and all that jazz. THAT was sweet. Then I walked outside the Gallery and saw they were protesting for Slutwalk. I totally thought it was about dressing like a slut and being all "we're people too!"

But it wasn't . lol. Some Police Cheif was quoted saying: "Women wouldn't get raped if they were asking for it, by the way they dress"

So I was front row with a banner saying "Slut Walk Windsor"

Busy busy busy. I have to wash my hair now, go to a party, THEN another party and back to the first party (hoping) and yea. Go to sleep, teach RPM tomorrow and monday. Geez.

No comments:

Post a Comment