Saturday, November 26, 2011

Writing Competition

It's getting to be December and on the 30th will be the day they announce the winners for the competition i applied for. I'm hoping for the best, but I don't actually expect to win top spot, but I'm shooting for 3rd place because then I'll get an honourable mention.

I've been editing my book like crazy lately. Which is good, I've given it to Olivia to see her input on it. Then hopefully Marty will get back to me and I'm hoping to get an interview with him. I'm also seeing about an editor, my one friend BUT I really don't wanna pay lol. It's not that I'm cheap, it's just I don't know how she edits and I really don't wanna spend money and be disappointed.

Another note, I got in as a part time student at the University yet the course I wanted doesn't start until September. In the mean time I found the creative writing course Intermediate (I took beginner last year) is starts in Jan. So I'm taking that to brush up on my skills. If I do this everyday, all day, whenever I can, I'm bound to get better right? It's like working out, if you keep doing it, you'll only get stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment