Friday, November 4, 2011

DAY ONE of BOOKFEST WINDSOR 2011

"Girls Night Out" Thursday at the Art Gallery of WIndsor had the writers of Black Moss Press present some of their poetry. It made me realize how I'm not a question asking person. Other people had questions, but I didn't, but the questions that were asked made me think 'why didn't I think to ask that'. It was pretty cool though and there were a ton of people there. You could tell who the 'writers' were and hoped I wasn't that obvious. Today is Day Two and classy wear/business/professional. If anyone asks if I'm a writer I'll tell them that I'm a creative imaginable person who tried to be a writer. lol.

When I was listening to one authors prose piece I thought to myself, Why do people make characters sound like writers? If the character isn't a writer in the story, then they shouldn't sound like one, observing and being crazy descriptive and insightful.

Then I realized the woman was reading a poem. Oops. Today my goal is to meet Marty Gervais (whose the owner and publisher of Black Moss Press) and introduce myself. My friend that knows him says he talks a lot and is cool enough to sit down and chat. So I'm going to try and do that to either get referred to a publishing company since they don't necessarily print my kind of book.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment