Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lets Step Forward

Editing and writing today. I'm pumped up. Had a good breakfast, whole grain oatmeal w/ chocolate chips and brown sugar. Of Course With my daily pill intake, vita/vitaLean/F10/CLA. Life is good.


Got the book, "how to be your own literary agent". Finished the book Natural Order and might I say, if you want to step out of your box and read something with awesome writing and a different plot, READ Natural Order. It was great, very absorbing.
It's about Joyce Sparks and her whole life has been about keeping secrets. Her first love is rumored to be gay, but she's in denial becuase she's soooo in love with him. But he leaves to be a movie stars, so she tries to move on. The book starts off with Joyce in an old folks home and hints about her son, who apparently died young from cancer. That isn't the truth of course, her son died of something a lot of young died from back in the 60's and 70's. AIDS. Yes her son was gay and the whole story revolves around Joyce trying to desperately to protect her son and to keep his secret that in the end, it ruins all. By the end though, she finally does come to terms and for the first time ever, admits it.

For me, I enjoyed reading it, it was something different then my usual YA books. I've also joined "Authonomy" which gives me the chance to get my book out there. But first I'm editing it AGAIN, to make sure it's perfect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment