Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bruiser- RIP

There is never a dull moment at Goodlife. Yesterday, my boss (Who's an extreme animal lover) had her cat Bruiser not return home the previous night. Usually he returns but my boss knew something was a miss. The next day (yesterday) she had posters up.
Backstory about Bruiser:
He's a steel grey coloured cat, who was the badass of the hood my boss lives in. He's tough and was a stray. She started to feed him whenever he visited her. Slowly he started going into her house and got comfortable with her. Even when he offically became her indoor cat, she was still scared of him. One time he scratched her and it got infected and I think she almost lost her arm? So you can see why she was slightly scared of him. Anyways, he got sick one time and she brought him to a vets. When the vet walked in I guess Bruiser jumped onto my bosses lap for some comfort and she completely froze, scared he was gunna attack her! The vet looked at her like, "is this not your cat?" lol
Boss: "Yea, but he's never done this!"
So since then he's been her baby. She even talked about him when I first met her! When I took the training course to be a personal trainer.
She brought him to the gym a few months ago and I got to meet him. She warned me though: "I don't know if he'll attack you since he doesn't know you." she says.
Well, I just put my hand down and went, "Hey there, Brusier!" and he was so friendly and loving. And to think he was this big badass :)

So brings us to today. She got a call...someone found her cat. She couldn't go, so me and Lauren took off to investigate. We didn't find anything and I had a client(which I was late for) and during the training all I saw was my boss speed out the door. I just hoped for the best :(

She didn't come back and later I found out from Dani, that they did find Bruiser but not alive. It sucks. It truely does. Pets are just like our babies. I can't imagine what she's going through. I tear up just thinking about me ever picking up Noob from the road. Or the devastation when I found Smokey who looked like he was sleeping.

Now I have no idea what to say to my boss when she comes back this week. If it were me, I wouldn't want to be reminded. Plus, I'm terrible with words. I might try to say a joke and completely make it awkward :S

I'm going to do some editing just to get my mind off this :(

RIP Bruiser <3

No comments:

Post a Comment