Monday, September 12, 2011

PublishAmerica

Today I got an email back from the publishing company saying that they wanted to view my manuscript. Well, Well, well apparent big name publishing company. Internet nowadays allows everyone research and find out anything. There are no secrets between you and the internet! Dumdumdum.

Since AFTER I submitted my query to this publishing company, I googled them. First in the suggestion box 'SCAM'. Ooooo the heat turns up! Now, my understanding about a publishing company is that they'll publish your book, edit it, make sure there's no print errors, distribute and market your books, and so on... right? THIS publishing company only PRINTS your book and wants you to buy your own copies to give to your family, blah blah. Strange....

*Type type type* More research*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PublishAmerica
^^I found that interesting. Since on their website they say their a traditional publishing company.

WHAT I FOUND interesting was their slogan "We don't want your money, we want your book."
Now, now, that sounds a little...controlling. But I think that's the only thing they say truthful because when they decide they want to publish your book, they make you sign a contract for 7 YEARS. YIKESSSS.
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/publish-america-c150696.html  < Complaints about the company.

It gets better. http://christianityforthinkers.com/publishamerica.htm < I found that site rather interesting since the lady did her homework AND lets you see her emails and their replies AND a very RUDE email to one of their 'authors'.

With all that being said, I think I'll take the higher route and NOT give them my manuscript since apparently they take anyone's(Wiki said someone submitted a manuscript that PA PRINTED and the manuscript had the first 30pages repeated ten times LOLZ)  and they take your rights of your book for 7 years. No thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment